Hilton AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
(Updated 1st September 2016)
We (The Hilton AED Steering Group) are very pleased to announce that we have been successful with our application to the British Heart Foundation for a grant towards the purchase of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) for the benefit of the village.
This is now up and live and is located on the external wall of the Prince of Wales (thanks to Simon for agreeing and supporting us)
We have calculated that this is the most appropriate location in the village, as it is very close to the geographic centre and a quick and easy place to find and get to from all houses and locations.
There is alot of useful information in the links to the right of this page, I would encourage you to watch the video of the use of the AED as well as some of the other documents there. Happy to answer any questions you may have. You can contact us at :-
A few key facts that I gleaned are as follows:
· 88% of Cardiac arrests occur at home, so having one in the centre of the village will maximise its benefit
· Less than 5% of people survive with CPR alone but these odds are improved tenfold to 50% with the prompt use of an AED
· Cardiac Arrest strikes without warning taking the lives of 250 people a day in the UK
· Nobody has ever been sued in the UK or US (that litigious society) for using an AED
· NO training is required to use one.
We believe this will be of huge benefit to the village helping make it a safer place to live.
Information Leaflet (6MB)